Write Software at Gaia GPS
Junior Software Engineer, Focus on iOS
Help build the future of outdoor mapping at Gaia GPS.
We're hiring a junior engineer who wants to work with a strong team and learn a lot. You'll join a 5-person dev team whose past experience includes Google, Facebook, Mapbox, and the founding of Gaia GPS.
This position starts with a base salary of $65K, and is the company's first explicitly junior hire. You'll be focused on iOS or web front-end development at first. We heavily favor candidates who do a lot outdoors.
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity, 1 month of paid paternity, and additional unpaid leave.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you'll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Apply by Email
Please format your application like this:
- Introduce yourself in the email, don't attach a cover letter. In your cover email:
- say what you want to work on at Gaia GPS
- comment on to what extent you prefer to be a generalist vs. specialist
- include what you do outdoors, and if you use GPS apps, devices, and/or maps
- Attach your resume to the email (not an external link)