Be the voice of Gaia GPS in the hunting community and the voice of hunters at Gaia GPS
Hunting Brand & Community Manager
Come be the first Hunting Community Manager at Gaia GPS. While Gaia GPS has multiple hunters on the engineering team, no one on the team has ever focused on being the voice of Gaia GPS for hunting.
In this role, you’ll both advocate for hunters and the features that they want in Gaia GPS, as well as with build and execute a communications strategy to make Gaia GPS more well-known in the hunting community.
You should be an avid and experienced backcountry hunter, with an interest in conservation and track record of following ethical hunting practices.
- Craft a ‘voice’ for our hunting brand that resonates with the backcountry/western hunting community
- Write and create content for gaiagps.com, direct email/messaging, and a to-be-launched Gaia GPS hunting blog
- Create, curate, and manage the company’s hunting social media presence
- Create and manage digital ads
- Research, plan, attend, and report on events, like Western Hunt Expo
- Develop relationships with conservation agencies/NGOs, hunting brands, and guides/outfitters
- Seasoned hunter living on the West Coast/Intermountain region
- Experience managing a brand or product
- Track record of successfully growing social channels
- Excellent writing portfolio
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include health insurance and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Salary depends on experience.