Bommenede is a former island, village, and municipality in the Netherlands.
The island of Bommenede was one of the four islands that would join to form Schouwen-Duiveland. It was located to the east of Schouwen.
The village of Bommenede was listed in 1153 as property of the Cistercian monastery of Ter Duinen in Flanders. The village survived two floods in 1530 and 1532 and a fire in 1540. In 1575 the Spanish commander Mondragon besieged it and shot the village to pieces. After that blow it was never rebuilt. The water of the Grevelingen estuary did the rest in the 17th century. The last occupants left in 1684. The remains of Bommenede still years later showed above water.
Until 1865, there was a municipality called Bommenede on the island of Schouwen-Duiveland, between Brouwershaven and Zonnemaire.