This is a short out and back hike. I only tracked it one way, because I forgot to hit record when we started. When you get close, it’s a 9 mile +/- drive in on a gravel road. A car can certainly tackle it, but having a higher riding vehicle will let you see the potholes easier. The hike has beautiful views of Mt. Hood, Adams and Helens. However, this day there were no views. Low clouds and fog were there to greet us. We saw more people than we expected, but it wasn’t too bad. I imagine it was because it was one of the areas open during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Nice forested area with Hemlock, Vine Maple, etc.
- Trail is obvious and well maintained.
- Communication tower at end point.
- Indian Paintbrush and Beargrass in meadow at top.
- Beautiful views on a clear day.