Phelps: 4161' #9
Trailhead Elev: 2179'
Avg Elev Gain/mi.- 241'
Max Elev Gain/mi.- 1430'
- Easy right up to the Phelps Mountain Jct.
- Last mi. up Phelps was pretty tough
- Trail was relatively dry. Muddy slip n slide right before Marcy Dam. Cloudy to partly sunny. 62 deg at start. Views from Phelps were moody. Towards the end we caught a glimpse of Marcy and Haystack :) Great views of Golden, Avalanche pass. Nothing but wilderness as far as the eye could see.
- 2 hrs 45 min to the summit
- Light drizzle up there. Marcy Brook and Phelps Brook are gorgeous! We hiked down Phelps brook for a bit through the stream :) Crystal clear water. Great pool at the base of the high water bridge along Marcy Brook before reaching Marcy Dam. Perfect to cool off in.