Visual Designer (fulltime, remote)
Lead Marketing Design, Contribute to Web/Mobile Product
Come make things beautiful and effective at Gaia GPS. You'll be the second member of the design team, working with a world-class design/UX lead and a talented group of software engineers. We're a data-driven company, but we don't measure every shade of blue. We use taste and research to design products, along with testing and analytics to experiment and answer questions.
In this role, you're intended to own the marketing-related design for the company, help with design/UX for the product, and contribute your design vision to disparate projects across the company. Your work will likely include redesigning the gaiagps.com home page, improving critical emails, advising on photography/videography, optimizing onboarding for different verticals like hiking versus offroading, and more. The company has gotten to the point where the marketing and development is getting ahead of design, and you'll fix that. You'll be the 16th or so member of a boot-strapped and quickly growing team, by the time you come on board.
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you'll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Skills and Requirements
- your portfolio should include work on app/website branding
- you should spend a lot of time outdoors
- we prefer someone who already uses Gaia GPS or similar GPS apps
- bonus points for acumen in user experience design
- bonus points for advanced technical knowledge (coding, scripting, HTML/CSS/JS expertise)
Apply by Email
Please format your application like this:
- Introduce yourself in the email, don't attach a cover letter. In your cover email:
- link your best app and website work, especially projects related to GPS, mapping, and the outdoors
- say what you do outdoors, and if you use Gaia GPS, other apps, GPS devices, or outdoor maps
- Attach your resume to the email (not an external link).
- Don't attach documents besides your resume. Include things like portfolios and designs as links in your email.