Write Software at Gaia GPS
Product-Focused Software Engineers (Remote Work, iOS/Android/Web)
Help build the future of outdoor mapping at Gaia GPS. Right now, we have the most need for engineers who want to focus on front-end mobile, web, or map design/pipeline, but we'll consider any strong candidate.
We're looking to hire people who can be very product-focused - strong coders who can also do things like wireframe their own ideas, use analytics to drive decisions, and drive growth with ideas and execution.
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity, 1 month of paid paternity, and additional unpaid leave.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you'll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Skills and Requirements
- We heavily favor candidates who do a lot outdoors.
- You must have published complex websites, apps, or other software.
- Experience in our stack is a plus. Our front-end include Swift/Objective-C, Android Java, React, and node.js. Our back-end includes Postgres/PostGIS, AWS, Django/Python, and Docker. We have extensive map building infrastructure based on OpenStreetMap and other open data and tools.
Apply by Email
Please format your application like this:
- Introduce yourself in the email, don't attach a cover letter. In your cover email:
- say what you want to work on: iOS, Android, web front-end, back-end, and/or maps
- include what you do outdoors, and if you use GPS apps, devices, and/or maps.
- Attach your resume to the email (not an external link)