Be the First PM at Gaia GPS (37 people and growing)
Product Manager (Remote, Fulltime/Benefits)
Be the first PM ever at Gaia GPS, and build software and maps for the wildest adventures on earth. Help people explore the backcountry around the globe with cutting edge data and tools.
About the Role
We are looking for the founding member of the product org. You will lead strategy for the team focused on retaining new users:
- Establish a product vision and map that vision into a drumbeat of high-impact releases.
- Create a deeper understanding of our users and build a better product around them.
- Work closely with engineers and designers, build empathy among the team, and inspire people to think and act incisively with product focus.
- Lead planning meetings, answer product questions, and make it easy for the team to ship.
- Justify product decisions and measure product launches with data. Work closely with the burgeoning analytics apparatus.
- Establish product processes that can be scaled up.
- Support the growth of the product organization.
Skills and Background
Strong candidates will likely have a background in leadership and a track record of success with consumer software, but please apply no matter what your background if you feel this job is a good fit for you. Background we look for includes:
- Leading inspired and motivated teams.
- Working on consumer software products.
- User testing, a/b testing, user research, data analytics, and other methods of understanding the customer.
- Proven ability to make smart bets, and acuity to understand when to further invest or divest.
- Humility and the desire to put the team above the individual.
- Ability to understand and speak to both designers and engineers, bridging the gap between them.
- Proficiency with SQL or other programming languages a plus.
- Proficiency with Amplitude, Mode, Apptimize, and other non-coding analytics also a plus.
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include health insurance and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.