Manage a Remote Office Across 15 US States
Office Manager (Remote)
Gaia GPS is looking for an Office Manager, to work on recruiting, team happiness, finance, and making internal ops more efficient. This role is the first of its kind at the company, needed as Gaia GPS continues to grow rapidly (23 people across 15 US states as of this writing).
Come define a unique job at a coast-to-coast, distributed company building the next generation of outdoor navigation.
- Help write job posts, recruit, and onboard new employees
- Create and manage documentation for company administration and hiring
- Plan the company retreat that occurs every 9 months
- Improve compensation, benefits, and happiness for employees
- Potentially help oversee finance and book-keeping. Execute some payroll tasks, like paying contractors, managing employee travel expenses, and registering for state taxes
- Clear and concise writer
- Highly organized
- Leader, charismatic
- Driven, independent
- Some background in analytics, finance, or programming, and desire to learn more
- Experience at a remote company
- Office management
- Hiring experience
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include health insurance and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Salary depends on experience.