Grow and Transform Marketing at Gaia GPS
Marketing Specialist (Remote Work)
Gaia GPS is helping people explore and navigate in the backcountry around the globe with cutting edge maps and tools. The fully-remote team has recently grown to 33 people, including 20 people working on engineering, 6 on support/testing, 4 on marketing, 2 on design, and 1 on admin. The company is boot-strapped/profitable, was founded in 2008, and has grown quickly since 2018.
Arc of the Position
Come join the Gaia GPS marketing team during a big year of new user growth.
We’re looking for an experienced and analytical marketer to join our team. There are many areas of growth that we are excited to explore.
You will excel in this role if you bring an experimental mentality and are comfortable using data analysis to drive strategy. You will design and conduct AB tests to grow paid user acquisition at a rapid pace.
Consider applying if you are an expert in any of the following areas:
- Facebook ads, Google Ads, and/or Apple Search Ads
- AB testing
- Data analysis
- Digital user acquisition or conversion rate optimization
Bonus points if you’ve got experience with:
- Marketing copywriting
- Technical writing
- HTML/CSS, SQL, or other programming languages
Depending on your area of expertise, your projects might include:
- Strategize, execute, analyze, & optimize campaigns on Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Google Ads, and more
- Analyzing user behavior data to suggest product improvements
- Test content and marketing efforts with statistical analysis and AB testing
- and something that’s often learned by new people at Gaia GPS: light coding, related to analyzing stats and building emails and webpages
Skills and Requirements
- Clear and concise writer.
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience
- Technically minded - affinity for statistics, testing, SEO, coding, and web technologies. Background and/or desire to learn more.
- Demonstrated track record of measurable impact on marketing (driving revenue, user growth, or similar)
- Desires and/or has successful experience with remote work.
- The company is fully remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you'll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Salary depends on experience.