Grow and Transform Marketing at Gaia GPS
Marketing Specialist (Remote Work)
Gaia GPS is helping people explore and navigate in the backcountry around the globe with cutting edge maps and tools. The fully-remote team has recently grown to 33 people, including 20 people working on engineering, 6 on support/testing, 4 on marketing, 2 on design, and 1 on admin. The company is boot-strapped/profitable, was founded in 2008, and has grown quickly since 2018.
Arc of the Position
Come join the Gaia GPS marketing team during a big year of new user growth.
We’re looking for an experienced and analytical marketer to join our team. There are many areas of growth that we are excited to explore.
You will excel in this role if you bring an experimental mentality and are comfortable using data analysis to drive strategy. You will design and conduct AB tests to grow the scale and complexity of our segmented campaigns in some or all of the following areas:
- Email and push notifications
- Paid Ads
- Landing pages
In the long term, you’ll optimize and expand the mix of marketing work, and help build a strong replicable workflow to create sustained new user account growth.
Consider applying if you have experience with:
- Facebook ads, Google Ads, and/or Apple Search Ads
- Braze (or other CRM software)
- AB testing
- Data analysis
Bonus points if you’ve got experience with:
- Marketing copywriting
- Technical writing
- HTML/CSS, SQL, or other programming languages
Your projects might include:
- Testing content and marketing efforts with statistical analysis and AB testing
- Designing drip email campaigns for segmented groups of users (for example, mountain bikers)
- Designing and sending push notifications and in-app messages
- Analyzing user behavior data to suggest product improvements
- Strategize, execute, analyze, & optimize campaigns on Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Google Ads, and more
- and something that’s often learned by new people at Gaia GPS: light coding, related to analyzing stats and building emails and webpages
Skills and Requirements
- Clear and concise writer.
- Prior experience on a marketing team, preferably a small one where you had many responsibilities
- Technically minded - affinity for statistics, testing, SEO, coding, and web technologies. Background and/or desire to learn more.
- Has a history of measurable impact on marketing (driving revenue, user growth, or similar)
- Desires and/or has successful experience with remote work.
This position will start out on a contractor basis with the intention of moving into a salaried role after a ~3-month trial. While working as a contractor, this person will be working full-time (40-hours/week).
Universal benefits include:
- The company is fully remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you'll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Salaried benefits include:
Salary depends on experience.