Tell the Stories of Gaia GPS
Lead Content Writer
Come be the person who writes the most and cares the most about good storytelling at Gaia GPS. You'll help tell the story of Gaia GPS and the Gaia GPS community, by creating and editing digital content spanning written words, videos, images, and bespoke code.
Content at Gaia GPS has many facets, including park and trail descriptions, product announcements, outdoor and technical articles for the blog, newsletters, social media, ads, new webpages for gaiagps.com, email marketing, and internal documentation.
Your primary focus will be producing content for blog.gaiagps.com. You will write about new feature development, company news, and outdoor related topics like backpacking and navigation.
- Regularly produce top-notch technical and/or creative content for blog.gaiagps.com to be used in our monthly newsletter
- Grow blog.gaiagps.com into a respected outdoor digital publication
- Write or edit content across other channels, like email marketing, social media, and marketing pages on gaiagps.com
- Promote content across social media and other relevant digital channels
- Research strategic topic ideas focused on maximizing social engagement, search traffic, and subscriber retention
- Edit content written by other members of the team
- You might also:
- Write, edit, or source content for gaiagps.com/hike/
- Manage and edit content produced by contract writers
- Write internal company documentation
- Improve documentation for app users
- Excellent writer
- Track record of researching and writing high performing and engaging content
- Experience using data and evidenced-based decision making
- Experience at a startup
- Experience working remotely
- Some coding experience is a plus
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include health insurance and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Salary depends on experience.