Gather detailed information from hiking experts around the world
Hike Search Content Manager
Gaia GPS is looking for someone to grow gaiagps.com/hike with information from area experts. You will find, manage, and grow a community of contributors with the goal of turning Gaia GPS into the definitive source of trail information in the world, sourced from local experts.
You will be the first person in this role and will be integral in defining the workflow and responsibilities of the job. You will likely spend a lot of time planning, researching, doing outreach, and editing content.
- Recruit area experts to write and curate content
- Build relationships with trail organizations and land managers to contribute and improve information
- Review and edit written content for accuracy, writing style, and quality of content
- Build community among the writers and editors who contribute
- Do research utilizing tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude, and Moz to identify key areas of opportunity
- Help improve non-monetary incentives for writers, in addition to deploying a budget for contract work
- Highly organized
- Prior experience managing contractors
- Excellent writing and/or editing portfolio
- Background or experience with SEO optimization
- Interest or background in software/coding
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you'll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Salary depends on experience.