Help People Explore the Outdoors
Head of Analytics (Remote)
Transform Gaia GPS into an analytics power house, and work closely with the company leadership and product teams to set direction.
You need to be a highly technical person for this job, with a background in scripting, SQL, and/or systems engineering. It will be your job to improve existing analytics, architect larger systems as we grow, and lead analysis of the data to help define KPIs and drive product decisions.
- Understand, manage, and improve all the tech we use to do analytics
- Assist in making data-driven business decisions
- Help teams develop KPIs and self-serve dashboards
- Identify engagement/growth/content/revenue opportunities
- Do technical work where necessary to integrate new tools, build reports, and build internal infrastructure
- Highly technical and analytical
- Deep understanding of SQL, databases, and/or Python
- Knowledge of implementing and using data visualization tools like Mode, Amplitude, and/or AWS for custom data pipelines
- A degree in mathematics, statistics, CS, or in a related or other quantitative field (preferred)
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you'll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Salary depends on experience.