Lead One of Two Engineering Teams
Engineering Manager (Remote, Fulltime/Benefits)
Come be the first externally hired engineering manager at Gaia GPS. You’re taking over a role currently played by a founder, and the other engineering manager at Gaia GPS is another founder.
You’ll manage a team that is currently working on making Gaia GPS better for casual hikers. Your team’s focus is on initial user stickiness and new user acquisition. You’ll start with a team of three, and you’ll need to hire a couple more people. Your team’s skills cover the company’s full stack, including iOS, Android, backend, and frontend web.
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include health insurance and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Skills and Requirements
- Strong coding and problem-solving skills
- Experience working remotely and/or for a startup
- Preferred: Experience managing an engineering team
- We heavily favor candidates who do a lot outdoors.