Design Creative and Educational Content
Digital Media Content Creator
Help educate and elevate the Gaia GPS community and level-up Gaia GPS’s content with visual assets that demonstrate new features, technical concepts, storytelling, and adventure. You will have the creative freedom to create images, animations, and videos to fit a range of platforms including blogs, newsletters, social media, ads, and help center content.
You’ll be a part of the communications team, helping cross-departmentally between customer support and marketing initiatives. When you aren’t creating content, you’ll be invited to help in other aspects of marketing like social media, writing, or advertising. Many people at Gaia GPS also learn to code on the job.
- Level up Gaia GPS’s content strategy by creating exciting images and video content for articles on blog.gaiagps.com and for our newsletter
- Brainstorm, create, and post videos on youtube.com/gaiagps
- Create videos to go along with podcast episodes for the Out and Back podcast
- Research ideas and test different visual content to increase engagement on social media
- Create or update product explainer videos to correspond with articles on help.gaiagps.com
- Work on marketing related visual product design:
- Create screens or better flows in-app
- Design easy to parse web pages based on marketing initiatives
- Experience with video editing and graphic design and a portfolio of examples
- Proficient in Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects or equivalent software
- Experience in creating graphics for blogs and social media
- Experience in creating professional & informative videos
- Bonus points:
- Experience using data and evidenced-based decision making
- Experience with photography or videography
- Some coding experience is a plus
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include health insurance and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Salary depends on experience.