Dig into the data and make big decisions
Help the Gaia GPS marketing and engineering teams make crucial data-backed decisions. Use existing tools and create or adopt new ones to visualize how people interact with Gaia GPS, and help direct product development and marketing efforts.
You should have a background in mathematics/statistics, and experience in scripting, SQL, machine learning techniques, or other tools.
- Analyze data to identify engagement/growth/content/revenue opportunities across platforms
- Assist in making data-driven business decisions
- Help drive marketing and user growth goals
- Build reports and dashboards to create strong visual insights
- Do technical work where necessary to integrate new tools, build reports, and build internal infrastructure
- Highly technical and analytical
- Deep understanding of SQL, databases, and/or Python
- Knowledge of implementing and using data visualization tools like Mode, Amplitude, and/or AWS for custom data pipelines
- A degree mathematics, statistics, CS, or in a related or other quantitative field (preferred)
Lifestyle and Benefits
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity and 1 month of paid paternity.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you'll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, Park City, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Salary depends on experience.