Help People Explore the Outdoors
Customer Support Specialist (Remote)
Come build the best outdoor mapping software in the world, and work with a group of people who spend tons of time outdoors. Your efforts will directly help a community of record-breaking backpackers, world-renowned guides, conservation scientists, wildland firefighters, hunters, offroaders, and more. Find Gaia GPS in the App Store, Google Play Store, and on gaiagps.com.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you'll correspond with Gaia GPS users, and help them in using Gaia GPS for their adventures and work. You'll create technical documentation and marketing materials. And you'll have a critical role in helping to improve the software, by understanding users and providing feedback into the product development process.
- Concise and powerful writer
- Ability to understand and solve obscure problems (poorly phrased questions, novice users)
- Works hard without constant supervision (remote experience a plus)
- Technically minded - affinity for statistics, testing, SEO, coding, and web technologies. Background and/or desire to learn more.
Traits/Activities We've Seen Correlate with Success
- you're an expert at something, and you've developed hard skills (examples: musical instrument, a Master's degree, programming, bodybuilding, video production)
- you have a lot of persistence (example: thru-hiked the Pacific Crest Trail)
- you excelled at a rigorous program (example: salesperson who hit metrics, REI associate top performer)
- you are self-taught in some areas
- vested interest in the outdoors and/or maps
- interest in or experience with programming
- previous experience working remotely
- good memory/recall
Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at Gaia GPS
Gaia GPS is committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion at our company and in the outdoors community. We believe that, like any healthy ecosystem, diversity is the foundation of strength and growth. We foster a culture in which your work is not limited to your job title and you are encouraged to be involved in all aspects of the company. We welcome all perspectives and approaches. We believe the outdoors is for everyone and our team, product and initiatives should drive that. Learn more about where we stand.
Salary depends on experience.