The Leading GPS App for Backpacking
Download trail maps and explore the backcountry. Use th app on your phone to navigate, or use Gaia GPS on your tablet and desktop to discover and plan routes and campsites.
Pull up your current location while out on the trail and get the milage to the next intersection. Mark destinations with pictures or record your hike all without draining your battery.
Download Trail Maps
Headed out of service? Download the maps you need before hitting the trail and get into the backcountry with confidence. Pull up the leading recreation map, NatGeo Trails Illustrated or choose from a long list of topo maps and easily plan for resupplies and water carries.
Find Dispersed and Established Campsites
Quickly find established campsites along your route or pull up the private and public land overlay and pitch your tent on legal ground.
Free and Paid Plans
Purchase through gaiagps.com and receive a discount.
- Record tracks, drop waypoints, plan routes
- View Gaia Topo map
- Search known hiking trails
- Download worldwide maps for outdoor adventures
- Print maps
- Many choices of topo & satellite maps
- NatGeo Trails Illustrated
- Additional high resolution satellite imagery and specialty maps
- Customize maps with specialty data